WVARSE Honor Points 2016-2017
WEST VIRGINIA ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED SCHOOL EMPLOYEES
Affiliated with the NRTA Division of AARP
HONOR POINTS 2016-2017
Select a County
Check if achieved by July 15, 2017.
1. Held at least 6 regular meetings during the past year.
2. Invited a WVARSE officer, Regional Director or Executive Director to attend or speak at one County meeting.
3. Sponsored or co-sponsored one program that benefited the community. Examples are the AARP Safe Driving Class, Blizzard Boxes, or a Health Fair.
4. Submitted one article and/or photo to the editor of the WVARSE Newsletter.
5. Your county was represented at the Leadership Conference in the spring of 2017 by the County President, Vice President or designee.
6. Obtained names and addresses of school employees, retiring in 2016, from the county
office or from other sources and sent same to Executive Director.
7. Your county was represented at the 2017 Regional Meeting by the President or Vice-
President and the five Committee Chairpersons or Co-chairpersons or their designees.
8. Contacted all members and potential members, including new retirees, and invited them to become members of state and county units.
9. Delegates or Alternate Delegates attended the 2016 Annual Council.
10. Participated in the Memorial Service at the 2016 Annual Council by giving a money gift.
11. Made a second attempt to contact all non-members.
12. Had a meeting with the local Legislators prior to the opening session of the Legislature.
13. Kept in close contact with local legislators especially during the Legislative session.
14. Held an election of officers and sent a list of county officers, chairmen, and co-chairmen, with addresses, zip codes, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses by April 1, 2016, to the Regional Director and Executive Director.
Feb./Apr. 1, 2017
15. Sponsored or participated in a Retirement Education Program for all potential retirees.
16. Reported Community Service hours to the Regional Community Services Chair May 15; Reported deceased member names to Regional I& P chair June1; Reported Annual Council delegates list to WVARSE membership clerk July 15.
May 15, 2017 to July 15, 2017
17. Achieved 50% of the potential membership or increased membership by at least 5% over the previous year.
May 15, 2017
18. Proclaimed the last week in September as “WVARSE (and your county unit) Week” in the local community.
Sept 22-26, 2016
Honor Point Designations
Please complete this form even though you did not complete all eighteen points. We wish to know which ones you did complete.
Send a copy to the following address:
William Milam, Executive Director
WVARSE, 200 Elizabeth Street
Charleston, WV 25311
Do Not Fill This Out